For example :
What is HTML5 actually ?
HTML5 is the successor of HTML 4.01, which was released for the first time in 1999. However, technically HTML5 itself is the newest hyper text markup language for websites loaded with more extra features from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) that was first made public in 2008. HTML5 is a all in one platform designed to work on all devices( PC, or a Tablet, a Smartphone, or a Smart TV).
Some rules for HTML5 :
- The need for external plugins (like Flash) should be reduced.
- Error handling should be easier than in previous versions.
- Scripting has to be replaced by more markup.
- HTML5 should be device-independent.
- The development process should be visible to the public.
How it looks like :
<!DOCTYPE html> <!--The New doctype declaration--> <html> <head> <!--Like before where styling and other declaration goes--> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>Title of the document</title> </head> <body> <header> <!--defines the header of the page--> <nav> <!--defines navigation which included in the header--> <menu> <!--defines a list of menus--> </menu> </nav> </header> <section> <!--defines the content area of the document--> <article> <!--defines article area of the document--> </article> </section> <aside> <!--defines the sidebar contents--> </aside> <footer> <!--defines the end of the page, the footer content--> </footer> </body> </html>
Is it difficult to learn ?
Nope, its never difficult to learn if you already have a basic knowledge on previous version of HTML 4.01.You are not learning a totally new language here.Its only the matter of time and building the coding skills that you already have.
Again if you are totally new to HTML then I would like to encourage you to start with previous HTML 4.0.1 and when you feel confident enough of mastering atleast the basic of it, then only move to the latest HTML5.Its like someone trying to make sentences without knowing the alphabets if you directly move to latest HTML 5 without knowing the basic of HTML.
Why HTML5 ?
Of course there are some obvious reasons why we should go for latest HTML5. We all know that web is a living thing and its trend is always changing and inevitably HTML5 is one of them. As a web enthusiast we can’t afford to be stuck in the same old mind set where change is needed. Undoubtedly HTML5 is the best ever version under process and its the future markup for the internet and which will sustain for a long time. HTML5 is here to make a web designer’s life much more easier than ever before.The part of the reason why one should go for this latest technology is its code semantics which is better than the earlier version. Its not only to make life easier for coding, but also for SEO friendly purposes. Its semantics are much more neat and clean; for example its header, nav, section aside, footer etc looks more logical than the earlier HTML version. HTML5 provides rich contents, without any added functionality and plugins. The current version delivers everything from animation to graphics, music to movies, and can also be used to build complicated web applications. Also not to forget that native ios/android apps can also be created from HTML5.
Some Features And What is new in HTML5 ?
- The canvaselement for drawing.
- The video and audio elements for media playback.
- Support for local storage.
- New content-specific elements, like header, section, article, footer, nav, menu etc.
- New form controls, like calendar, date, time, email, url, search etc.
Lets see some important new semantics.Remember this article is just a scratch on the surface of HTML5 and there are a lot more to discuss.
- header : This defines the header of the page.
- nav : This defines navigation which included in the header.
- menu : This defines a list of menus.
- section : This defines the content area of the document.
- article : This defines the article area of the content in the document.
- aside : This defines the sidebar contents of the document.
- footer : This defines the end of the page, the footer content of the document.
Some Websites built on HTML5